Thursday, August 20, 2009

Almost Home

The first week of summer, I went to Alabama.  The next weekend: Colorado for Collegiate Nationals.  Then Delaware and Maryland, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, Idaho, Oregon, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Illinois.  I was supposed to be racing in Indiana today, but didn't because I got sick.  Tomorrow, however, I'm finally headed back to Gainesville!  

And it's a good thing, too!  I've been off my bike for a few days now, and in place of riding I've taken up eating large amounts of Wisconsin's famous custard.  Yum yum.  If I weren't flying home tomorrow, I might consider staying here longer until, perhaps, it became "too late" so to speak for my growing bottom!  

Home means it's time to start getting serious again.  Looking at my class schedule, it's hard not to slip back into serious mode.  I'm not sure how much I'll be joking around when I'm taking exams in classes called "Compressible Flow" or "Controls of Mechanical Engineering Systems."

2 comments:

Morgo said...

i wish i could poo with you

Hua said...

Hi Jackie!
Wow, it sounded like you had a pretty exciting summer and traveled many cool places. I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,600 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Biking Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua