Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fitchburg Longsjo Classic



1:00 Am Sunday night: The car breaks down on the way back from Fitchburg.


Day 1: Individual Time Trial
Results
I the time trial went well for me. Although I didn't feel my best, I remained focused (Lately, I've been working on the mental side of my TT). I think it was to my advantage that the time trial was uphill (3% average grade). So as of now, I'm seventh in the GC.

Day 2: Circuit Race
Results
Today's race was one of the easier ones I've done up here (probably because I wasn't off the front the whole time). The course was 3.1 miles long with a steep climb on one side and a long downhill on the other. I was patient, and I made sure I positioned well. The race was going to come down to the last turn, the turn after the long downhill and before the climb leading up to the finish (no one could get away with a long downhill like that). I sat on the back and recovered on the downhill, hustled up to the font before the turn, and was usually in position for the climb. On the last lap, I gave it my all to be up there through the last turn, and it paid off. I got 4th.

Day 3: Road Race
Results
I made some big mistakes today like (1) not making the break when I could have and (2) using a 23 on the back. I was track standing up the climb. Still, I only lost one spot in the GC. Now I know I need to change my cassette for nationals.

Day 4: Criterium
Results
I rode so strong today I really shocked myself. I was off the front for more than half the race in various breaks. I got two primes and I was chasing girls down like crazy. Finally, my acceleration is back! Got caught behind a crash with 4 to go and had to chase back on for over a lap. Didn't have muscle or position for the sprint. Still 8th in the GC. Car broke down at 1:00 Am on the way back to Kutztown (see pic)

Final Results:
General Classification

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great race tactically - good luck on the road race today! We'll be reading your blog while we're in England next week when we can find access to the internet.

Nanci

Anonymous said...

Great job, Jackie! You know, you can always sing "the ants go marching one by one..." to stay focused. It keeps you from worrying about what everyone else is doing, especially when you get up to "the ants go marching twelve by twelve" and you have to start thinking of your own rhymes. :-)
We're all very proud of your race results so far. Keep up the great work!
Lizzie

Anonymous said...

Good Job! And good luck at nats, I guess we'll see you there.
Michelle :)