Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Break: Touring the South

First stop: Exit 62 in Georgia for a Moe's burrito only to discover that they have a new menu with smaller portions. I don't like change and I definitely don't like smaller portions of good food, especially when you have to pay more for them! I was stunned and thought about crying and begging the burrito artist to make me a good old fashioned "Moo."

Second stop: Clemson, South Carolina for a South East Collegiate Cycling Conference race and party. I won Saturday (yay!) and got to celebrate by going out Saturday night. Here's some photos that I'm going to put up here to make me feel better about myself. I can look back at them and say: See! I did do things other than ride, sleep, and recover while I was in college.

Here's one for Heather:

Team Florida: we take the party to the roof.
The moon bounce! Even better after a margarita (so I hear).

Me doing the Medusa.

Sunday's course was on a car racing track. Would have been more exciting if the turns were banked. I won again thanks to some luck and brains. I didn't have much strength to back myself up. I'm definitely going to need this week of training in the mountains to prepare for Redlands.

Bike racers like to race everything. This was the perfect opportunity:

Next stop: Highlands, North Carolina.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another win! Good luck in Redlands.

Bottle Rocket said...

I love the last picture Jackie. Did you hear what happened to your dad? We got a blow by blow of it from your mom at Friday night dinner.
Have fun training in the mountains.